Before COVID-19, 39% of Canadians said that personal finances were their biggest source of stress. Since the start of the pandemic, that number has risen to 51%.i Meanwhile, 60% of Canadians report that the pandemic is negatively affecting their overall mental health.ii
How we can help
On June 3, 2021, we launched a new video, titled Managing disruptions: Impacts on your well-being. The video explores disruptions to our lives, brought on by the pandemic, including:
- constant change,
- competing priorities, and
- increased financial debt.
Through this new video, your plan members can learn how to:
- prioritize their self-care,
- track their financial needs,
- reach out for the support they need, and
- make use of the tools and resources available to manage their mental and financial health.
What you can do to help
As an employer, you have a responsibility to support your employees’ overall well-being by:
- creating a safe and supportive environment,
- fostering positive dialogue, and
- providing access to helpful tools and resources – such as the new video.
By doing so, mental health issues are less likely to increase in your workplace. And your employees can be their best at work.
Questions? We’re here to help.
If you have fewer than 50 employees, please contact the Client Relations Representative Team at 1-866-606-8936.
If you have more than 50 employees, please contact your Sun Life Group Benefits representative.
iSanofi, The Sanofi Canada Healthcare Survey – 2020, https://www.sanofi.ca/-/media/Project/One-Sanofi-Web/Websites/North-America/Sanofi-CA/Home/en/Products-and-Resources/sanofi-canada-health-survey/sanofi-canada-healthcare-survey-2020-EN.pdf?la=en&hash=F1C763AA6B2F32C0BF2E623851FD05FD, 2020
iiLumino Health Ipsos poll, 2021