Accessible. Effective. Secure.
CBT is a type of therapy that provides proven treatment for anxiety, depression and a range of other mental health concerns.
It guides the patient in managing feelings of distress by learning to change the way they think and behave. Although patients usually work with a therapist in person, online CBT has gained popularity, especially during COVID-19.
How it works
Online CBT can be done anywhere that works for the patient. A qualified therapist assesses each patient and creates a personalized program of self-directed modules.
They monitor and guide patients with regular check-ins and continuously adjust care to ensure successful progress and results.
Benefits of online CBT
Research shows online CBT can be just as effective as in-person therapy and offers some additional benefits:
- Online CBT is significantly more cost-effective than in-person therapy.
- Online modules are self-managed, offering a feeling of control and greater participation in the therapeutic process.
- Fewer feelings of stigma for those hesitant to visit a therapist in person.
- Faster, easier access to therapy can help reduce symptom severity and length of illness.
- Private, secure and confidential.
The right partner
Sun Life has partnered with MindBeacon Health to offer plan members access to the guided online CBT program at discounted prices. This helps ensure that the cost of therapy remains at or below the coverage maximums of most plans. Reducing the barrier of out-of-pocket costs may mean more plan members will seek out help when they need it.