Why EHC benefits?
EHC benefits help plan members and their dependents pay for medical expenses that aren't covered by their provincial plan.
Details of exactly what is covered, how much the plan pays, and what the deductible amounts are vary for each plan. We offer very flexible options to meet the specific needs of your organization.
An EHC package includes the following features:
- Paramedical services: chiropractors, naturopaths, podiatrists, etc.
- Prescription drugs: medication prescribed by a doctor or a registered nurse practioner
- Medi-Passport: out-of-province emergency travel assistance
- Medical services and equipment: private duty nursing, ambulances, crutches, hearing aids, etc.
- Hospital care: semi-private hospital room in the plan member's province
There are also many optional features you can add to your EHC package to meet the specific needs of your employees. Features such as vision care, pharmacogenomic testing, medical cannabis, and gender affirmation can be included with the foundational package listed above.
Sun Life makes claims easier:
- Several paramedical provider claims can be submitted by e-claims, making payment easy and convenient
- Reimbursement requests can be submitted electronically on mysunlife.ca or through the my Sun Life mobile app
- Balance can be automatically submitted to member’s HSA account
- Claims are usually reimbursed within 48 hours
- Local and highly rated providers available on Lumino Provider Search