Our global philanthropic program helps bring our purpose to life with investments in diabetes prevention, with a focus on programs that drive positive changes in behaviour. Our goal is to help people be healthier, and lead longer and more productive lives.
On World Diabetes day in 2012, diabetes was chosen as our global philanthropic cause. Since a major portion of our business is made up of life, health and disability insurance, we see first-hand the impact of the disease around the world. Our focus is on the prevention of type 2 diabetes and diabetes related-complications.
We want to empower people to take action and improve their lives. That’s why we focus on supporting programs that encourage sustainable positive behaviour change with education and awareness. We are focused on programs that:
- Assist or equip people to implement positive and sustainable changes.
- Educate people on diabetes and its related complications, making lifestyle choices for healthier futures and on prevention and management methods.
- Raise awareness about diabetes and its long-term impact on the community’s health and wealth.
- Are national in scope, sustainable and drive measurable social impact. In Quebec, we support programs with provincial scope.
- Support populations that need our help the most, like youth, underserved communities and groups at a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.