A financial plan will help you meet your needs today and in retirement, and help protect you from the unexpected along the way. It includes the right mix of income, savings and insurance protection products to help you meet your financial goals.
Where do you want your money to take you?
If you’re like most people, your financial planning energy is focused on your day-to-day finances. A good financial plan will let you balance these priorities with your goals for the future.
What is a financial plan?
A financial plan is simply a list of the things that are important to you now, the things you want to work towards and an outline of how you’re going to use your money to achieve your goals.
A financial plan can help you:
- Save to meet your short and long-term goals
- Manage your debt repayment
- Protect yourself and your loved ones
- Plan for retirement
- Maximize your estate
- Leave a legacy for your family
That’s why people with a financial plan worry less and save more.1
You can start planning today
Getting clear on your current financial situation will give you the starting point for your plan.
Take a look around the corner
As you’re thinking about what’s happening with your money today, think about what you’re going to need as your life changes over time.
- Would you like to retire early?
- Do you have the financial protection you need in case something happens between now and then?
- Will you have enough money saved to last throughout retirement?
- Have you thought about how your financial needs will change along the way?
Ask your advisor about how Money for Life – our customized approach to financial and retirement planning – can help you meet your changing needs.
Your financial goals are important enough to talk about with family and friends, to write down and to work toward. To help you get a fix on the future, complete this outline: Setting my financial goals.
Ask for help along the way
Everyone can benefit from sound financial advice – no matter how much money you have to work with.
Just look at what Canadians say about working with an advisor:2
- 68% feel they have the financial knowledge to be able to plan for retirement
- 96% are confident they'll be able to take care of basic living expenses in retirement
- 83% are confident they'll be able to enjoy the lifestyle they want in retirement