Step 1: Choose a plan
Decide which plan you want:
Step 2: Find out if you are eligible
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application
- You and your family members are Canadian residents and you all have provincial healthcare coverage.
- Quebec residents must have and continue to have group drug coverage through an employer, a membership in an order or association or, if not, through RAMQ.
- Your dependent children are under 25 years old. Dependent children 21 to 24 years old must be full-time students.
You are not eligible to apply if you had or have any of these illnesses or conditions, are currently awaiting the results of doctor-recommended tests or investigations (other than genetic testing), or are waiting for surgery.
Step 3: Gather the information you need before you apply
- The birthdate of each person to be included on the application.
- The name and dosage of any prescription drugs they are taking.
- The names and addresses of their family doctors or the clinics where their medical records are kept.
Step 4: Payment information
- If you choose to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account, please have your credit card / banking information handy. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- To pay by automatic withdrawals from your bank account, complete and send this web application form to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Personal Health Insurance - Pre-authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392
Quebec residents must fill and send the following form on their RAMQ coverage details along with the web application form:
Confirmation of coverage through a group benefits plan or through Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
Step 5: Start your application
After you’ve reviewed the above steps and have all the required information, you are ready to start your application. You can click on the button below to get started.
Please see definition of terms used throughout this application