Step 1: Choose a plan
Decide which plan you want:
Step 2: Find out if you are eligible
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application
- You and your family members are Canadian residents and you all have provincial healthcare coverage.
- Quebec residents must have and continue to have group drug coverage through an employer, a membership in an order or association or, if not, through RAMQ.
- Your dependent children are under 25 years old. Dependent children 21 to 24 years old must be full-time students.
You are not eligible to apply if you had or have any of these illnesses or conditions, are currently awaiting the results of doctor-recommended tests or investigations (other than genetic testing), or are waiting for surgery.
Step 3: Gather the information you need before you apply
- The birthdate of each person to be included on the application.
- The name and dosage of any prescription drugs they are taking.
- The names and addresses of their family doctors or the clinics where their medical records are kept.
Step 4: Payment information
- If you choose to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account, please have your credit card / banking information handy. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- To pay by automatic withdrawals from your bank account, complete and send this web application form to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Personal Health Insurance - Pre-authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392
Quebec residents must fill and send the following form on their RAMQ coverage details along with the web application form:
Confirmation of coverage through a group benefits plan or through Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)