Our team of licensed Retirement Consultants can assist you in determining the retirement income solution suitable for you (RIF/LIF and/or annuity), and in setting it up. They are available by phone to discuss:
- Retirement income planning for assets accumulated through your workplace plan(s), including a review of your risk tolerance and your investment strategy
- Gaining additional savings through consolidating your assets (including commuted values from a defined benefit pension plan)
- How government programs and your own workplace retirement savings plan work with your total financial picture
- Insurance solutions to protect you and your family’s financial future
- Options for spousal assets
Our Retirement Consultants can also connect you with a Sun Life Financial Advisor, who can meet with you in person for a more in-depth discussion on building and protecting your savings.
In addition to the services provided by Retirement Consultants, a Sun Life Financial Advisor can also help you to:
- Assess your current situation by examining your finances holistically, including tax and estate considerations
- Set achievable financial goals, identify opportunities and develop a realistic plan to meet those goals
- Put your plan into action and monitor its progress
- Revise your plan to accommodate changes in your goals
- Consult the CRA and RRQ websites for information on government programs: cra.gc.ca and rrq.gouv.qc.ca.
- Refer to online tools and resources in the Retirement income section of sunlife.ca/choices.
- Follow these steps:
- Revisit your retirement savings to confirm you are on track
- Make sure you have a financial plan and estate plan in place
- Understand what you need to do with your employer
- Ask your employer or benefits provider if you can extend your benefits coverage in retirement
- Understand what you need to do with your government benefits
- Complete the Retirement savings calculator.
- Call one of our Retirement Consultants to help you make informed decisions about your retirement savings or refer you to a Sun Life Financial Advisor.