Are you eligible for coverage?
- No, if you had or have any of these illnesses or conditions, if you are currently on disability, or are currently receiving disability benefits
- Yes, if you are in Canada when you complete and submit the application
- Yes, if you and your family members have provincial health care coverage
- Yes, if your dependent children are under 25 years of age (dependent children 21 to 24 years old must be full-time students)
Information you need for all persons who are applying:
- Their birth date
- The name and dosage of their prescription drugs
- The name and address of their family doctors
Other information you need
- Your group plan number and certificate number if you had previous coverage with Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada in the last 2 years. These are the numbers that you would have used when sending in a claim
- your credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account information. Choosing credit card will mean no delays in processing your application. If you choose to have withdrawals from your bank account, the Personal Health Insurance - Pre-Authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392 [PDF, 1 page, 56 kb] needs to be completed and sent to Sun Life within 20 business days.
- plan comparisons to know which plan you want: Basic, Standard or Enhanced
- the definitions for the terms used throughout this application
- Sun Life's privacy and security policies so you know we ensure your personal information is kept confidential, protected and secure.