- For Personal Health Insurance, you and each person included on the application must 69 or younger as of the application date. The plan is renewable for age 70 and over.
- For Health Coverage Choice, you and each person included on the application must be 74 or younger as of the application date. The plan is renewable for age 75 and over.
You and each person included in the application must be:
- A resident of Canada
- Covered under the provincial health plan in your province of residence
- Quebec residents must have and continue to have group drug coverage through an employer, a membership in an order or association or, if not, through RAMQ.
For Health Coverage Choice, every person included on the application must have had similar coverage under a group benefits plan within 60 days of the application date. No medical requirements are required for Health Coverage Choice.
There are medical requirements for Personal Health Insurance.
You can include a person related to you in one of the following ways:
- Legally married to you or in a civil union
- Living with you in a conjugal relationship and represented as your spouse or partner
- A child born to you, adopted by you, or a stepchild who is unmarried and entirely dependent on you for maintenance and support and who is also:
- Under age 21, or
- Under age 25 and attending college or university full-time, or
- Physically or mentally incapable of self-support and who became incapable to that extent while entirely dependent on the insured person for maintenance and support and while eligible under 1 or 2 above
No. When you choose a plan, each family member must be covered by the same plan. You pay less as a family than you would as individuals. If you'd like to choose different coverage for the adults, you can apply for 2 different plans as individuals; if you have children, they would be included on one of the adult's plans, but you won't get the discounted family price.