A career path that empowers you
As a Sun Life Financial advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in your community while building your career – your way.
You’ll grow your own business with the support of Canada’s most trusted life insurance brand and help people at various life stages feel secure, confident and protected – all while keeping a flexible schedule, earning an excellent income and being your own boss.
What’s your career perspective?
Take a look at the list below. If some of these things are important to you, we invite you to consider a career as an advisor in our sales force:
- I want variety in my career.
- I want to do work that is meaningful.
- I would like more freedom.
- I enjoy helping others to achieve their goals.
- I want to own and grow my own business.
- I want to be paid and rewarded for my effort.
- I want to grow to my full potential.
4 reasons to build your own business as a financial advisor
- When you build your own business, you’re in control.
- You’ll have the flexibility to balance your career with the other things in life that are important to you.
- You’ll be helping others and making a real contribution to your community.
- Your earnings and recognition will be directly tied to your efforts and results.
4 ways we can help you succeed
- Sun Life has a highly experienced, professional management team and staff that are dedicated to your success.
- Our proven training programs will build your skills, knowledge and confidence.
- We provide the tools and technology to support you as you build your business.
- You’ll have access to the marketing, business and technical support teams you’ll need to grow your business and prosper.
Is this career for me?
The people who choose to become Sun Life advisors are as diverse a group as you’ll find anywhere. With different backgrounds, experience, education and job histories, they all have their own reasons for making our sales force their career choice.
You might be interested in a career as a financial advisor if you:
Thinking about applying?
Here are answers to some of the questions you may have about becoming a Sun Life advisor:
Sun Life offers a number of great benefits to help you succeed in this career. Our teams will support you through the process and make sure that everything is in place to give you a quick start. And when you do – we reward you! We offer unique compensation packages and amazing rewards that reflect your commitment and effort.
You’ll have access to sales and planning tools such as our proprietary SunVision Financial Analyzer, electronic insurance and investment applications and tele-underwriting. And, as you grow and succeed, you can choose to pursue a number of career paths within Sun Life.
What does all of this mean? It means that we support you. As a Sun Life advisor, you get the flexibility of running your own business with the support to help you succeed. You’re backed by a strong team and a trusted brand1.
Research shows that successful advisors are typically:
Achievement- and goal-oriented
Able to work with people and develop/maintain relationships
Able to work independently
Persuasive, able to motivate others to action
Extroverted and enjoy helping others
Able to explain complex information
Open to learning new things
Individuals with strong character and integrity
Joining our sales force can be a great way for you to realize your career goals. See for yourself what our people say about the opportunities, support and rewards we offer.
Send us an email with your contact information, including postal code, so that we can connect you with your closest financial centre.
Find a financial centre
Select a financial centre where you would like to apply and then contact the manager at the centre of your choice.