Drug benefits are the highest cost for most plans. Our goal is to help plans stay sustainable by finding new ways to balance access to care, while addressing rising drug costs. Keeping both plan members and drug plans healthy is critically important.
We successfully launched and enhanced several pharma programs in 2020:
Reference Drug Program (RDP)
- This program limits coverage to the most cost-effective drug in each therapeutic category.
- We’re balancing drug plan costs with maintaining therapeutic choices for plan members.
Transitioned our Preferred Provider Network (PPN) to a new provider, Express Scripts Canada
- Our new PPN partnership continues to provide plan members with access to the specialty medicines they need.
Expansion of the Product Listing Agreement (PLA) program
- Over $85 million in overall PLA savings in the first three quarters of 2020
- Since the beginning of the program, we've brought over $240 million in savings to our plan sponsors and members.