Pulled directly from plan members’ feedback, these new updates will improve the overall experience when using the website.
Here’s a list of the recent improvements we’ve made. To view these changes live, please visit mysunlife.ca.
Faster reimbursement of eligible paramedical expenses
If your plan members have coverage for any of these paramedical services, they’ll no longer need to upload receipts* when submitting claims. Since this will reduce the volume of claims needing manual processing, plan members will experience faster reimbursement for their claims.
- Certified athletic therapy
- Dietitian services
- Kinotherapist/Kinesiologist services
- Marriage and family therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Psychiatrist services
- Rehab and occupational therapy
- Shiatsu specialist services
*This doesn’t include receipts that may need to be uploaded for auditing purposes.
Claim requirements added for orthopedic supplies
- If your plan members have coverage for orthopedic supplies, we’ve added more information on what they’ll need to include when submitting a claim. This will make the process easier and quicker.
Update to Coordination of Benefits language
- When more than one plan covers a plan member, it’s called Coordination of Benefits (COB). This allows plan members to submit remaining claim amounts to another plan and get the maximum payment possible.
- We’ve updated the COB explanation and description so plan members know exactly what we require. In addition, we’re no longer including the word “spouse,” as plan members may have coverage under another plan or with someone other than a “spouse.”
Expired paramedical referrals
- If a plan member submits a claim with an expired paramedical referral, they’ll receive an alert from Sun Life with next steps. This will ensure there’s no delay when they submit the claim.
Here’s a flyer you can share with your plan members to notify them of these changes and help improve their overall user experience.
Questions? We’re here to help.
If you have fewer than 50 employees, please contact the Client Relations Representative Team at 1-866-606-8936.
If you have more than 50 employees, please contact your Sun Life Group Benefits representative.