When it comes to disability claims, our goal is to make sure that you and your employees have all the information you need, when you need it; and to make the claims submission process as easy as possible.
Last week, we told you about the enhancements we’ve made to the Group Benefits Absence and Disability online tool for plan sponsors. This week, we’d like to tell you about how we’ve made submitting disability claims easier for your employees:
- Employees can submit their disability claim online through the my Sun Life mobile app and through mysunlife.ca.
- This includes uploading their Attending Physician Statement and other supporting documents
- Employees can also check the status of their claims online.
- This includes seeing their Disability Case Manager’s name as well as any additional steps they need to follow
- Employees can view what forms we’ve received and what forms are outstanding.
- When there is a missing form(s), this feature provides a link to the missing form(s)
We have also created this flyer for plan members on how to submit a disability claim on mysunlife.ca or the my Sun Life mobile app. In the future, the flyer will be available online and included in the Disability Claims Package.
Questions? We’re here to help.
For Clients with less than 50 employees, please contact your Client Service Administrator at 1-877-786-7227.
For Clients with more than 50 employees, please contact your Sun Life Group Benefits representative.