When it comes to disability claims, our goal is to make sure that you and your plan members have all the information you need, when you need it. We also want to make the claims submission process as easy as possible for you.
To achieve this goal, we’ve made some changes to the Group Benefits Absence and Disability Web Portal (the web portal). We’ve added enhancements to make it easier for you to manage your disability benefit.
1. We’ve made it easier for you to check the status of all claims by:
a. letting you know which claim statements are missing
b. adding new fields to provide more detailed claim status information:
- Plan sponsor statement received
- Plan member statement received
- Attending physician’s statement received
- Gradual return to work (GRTW) start date
- Gradual return to work (GRTW) end date
- Anticipated closure date
c. making the existing field descriptions clearer and easier to understand.
2. You can now upload claim statements and other documents directly to the web portal.
3. You can create more customized reports to help manage your disability benefits, with expanded reporting fields and parameters. Just choose what contract and product(s) you want to review and refine your reports by selecting specific claim status, province or billing group.
If you don’t have access to these new features in the web portal, please speak to your group benefits representative. It’s easy to get you set up!
Questions? We’re here to help.
For Clients with less than 50 employees, please contact your Client Service Administrator at 1-877-786-7227.
For Clients with more than 50 employees, please contact your Sun Life Group Benefits representative.