According to studies, long-haulers are COVID-19 patients experiencing lingering symptoms within 4-12 weeks of diagnosis and beyond 12 weeks1.
In the workplace, long COVID can sometimes lead to:
- productivity issues
- and in some cases, disability claims
Although the workplace impacts can be potentially significant, there are many ways you can provide support to your employees.
Our new Bright Paper report is a great resource to help with this. It’ll help you better understand:
- What long COVID is and the value of employer support,
- The potential risks posed to your organization,
- How to best support those struggling with long-term symptoms,
- Why virtual care is so important for plan members,
- Sun Life innovations in mental health support.
What actions can you take?
You can reduce the impact of long COVID through workplace awareness and support. To help your plan members with long COVID progressively recover and manage their physical, emotional, and financial well-being, here are some actions you can take:
- Build awareness and policies
- Accommodate employees depending on their limitations
- Highlight resources available to them through their benefits plan
Your tools and resources
Remind your plan members about the resources available to them through their benefits plan to support their health and improve their well-being:
Questions? We’re here to help.
If you have fewer than 50 employees, please contact the Client Relations Representative Team at 1-866-606-8936.
If you have more than 50 employees, please contact your Sun Life Group Benefits representative.
1Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, July 7, 2021.https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/07/statement-from-the-chief-public-health-officer-of-canada-on-july-7-2021.html