Cancer – stage 1A malignant melanoma
Stage 1A malignant melanoma is a melanoma confirmed by biopsy to be less than or equal to 1.0 mm in thickness, not ulcerated and without Clark level IV or level V invasion.
The diagnosis of stage 1A malignant melanoma must be made by a specialist and confirmed by pathological examination of the tissue.
90-day exclusion period for cancer
No benefit will be payable under this condition if within the first 90 days following the later of:
- the date the application for this policy was signed
- the policy date,
- the underwriting decision date if included in the policy, or
- the most recent date this policy was put back into effect (reinstatement),
the insured person has any of the following:
- signs, symptoms or investigations that lead to a diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy), regardless of when the diagnosis is made, or
- a diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy).
Your responsibility to notify us about cancer
You have a responsibility to notify us about cancer, regardless of when a diagnosis is made:
- If we are notified within 6 months of the date of the diagnosis and the coverage for cancer is excluded based on the 90 day exclusion, coverage for all other covered critical illnesses will continue.
- If information is not provided within 6 months of the date of diagnosis, we have the right to deny a claim for cancer or any critical illness caused by any cancer or its treatment.