Sun Life GIFs - Setting up a new contract
Complete and have the client sign all three copies of the applicable Sun Life Guaranteed Investment Fund Individual Variable Annuity Contract application:
- Sun Life Guaranteed Investment Funds Individual Variable Annuity Contract Non/Registered/Registered/Locked-in Application
- Sun Life Guaranteed Investment Funds Individual Variable Annuity Contract TFSA Application
- Sun Life Guaranteed Investment Funds Individual Variable Annuity Contract Nominee Application
The applications can be ordered or printed and completed manually. If you are printing the application please ensure three copies are printed. One copy must be given to the client, one copy must be submitted to the distributor and the third copy must be kept in the client's file.
For Sun GIF Solutions contracts; Investment series, Estate series and Income series can be combined in the same contract. The fund code will determine the guarantee series and sales charge option.
Mandatory for all non-registered contracts: The following question must be answered only by an individual owner/applicant: 'Are you a U.S. resident for tax purposes (which includes a U.S. citizen)?'. If yes, provide a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). For entity applicants (corporations, partnerships, trusts, etc) the International tax classification for an entity (4545-E)form is mandatory.
For a client cheque:
- Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Sun Life Financial.
- Mandatory! On non-registered contracts, if the payor on the cheque is different than the client, complete the 4830-E - Identity verification, third party determination and politically exposed persons (PEP) for individual owners
- Note: For TFSA, the payor of the cheque must be the client or the client's spouse. Cheques from a third party payor (other than the client's spouse) will not be accepted.
For corporate, partnership, not-for-profit and non-corporate entity the following are mandatory: