There is no contractual provision permitting the change of an annuitant except non-registered Superflex contracts issued on or after December 7, 2009. If a new annuitant is to be named, a new contract must be issued. On termination of the original contract, a tax disposition will occur.
The designation or change of a successor annuitant on non-registered Superflex contracts issued on or after December 7, 2009 does not cause a disposition for tax purposes.
- A successor annuitant:
- can be named on non-registered Superflex products.
- can be named when this product is applied for by completing the section Successor Annuitant Information on the Application for Superflex Annuity: RSP/LIRA or Non-Registered (810-3549). This form is available on
- can also be subsequently named by having the owner complete the Successor annuitant change form - E4391 .
- can be revoked or changed while the annuitant is still alive.
- will replace the deceased annuitant if alive on the death of the annuitant. The contract will continue and no death benefit will be payable at that time.