Keep looking after your loved ones
Whether you’re single, have a partner or a family, important people rely on you. That might be a spouse, children, or even your parents. SunAffinity Life Insurance helps them cover expenses and may even protect their lifestyle if you can’t be there.
How does Life Insurance make a difference?
Watch this video to find out how Life Insurance can help you prepare for the unexpected.
Life Insurance is a one-time payment that can help with…
- mortgage and other personal debt
- children’s education needs
- replacing your income for surviving family
- funeral and other expenses
- income taxes that may be payable at your death.
It's especially important if:
- you’re a single parent who provides sole support, or a majority of the support, for your children, or
- your loved ones would have a difficult time managing financially without you.
Why choose SunAffinity Life Insurance?
- Affordable coverage options.
- There’s an optional early payment. This can apply if you or a spouse becomes ill with a life expectancy of less than a year.1
You can apply for Life Insurance for:
(You + spouse)2
You (and your spouse, if they are applying) must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 60 (coverage ends at age 70) and
- a resident of Canada, except Quebec.
How much coverage can you apply for?
You (and your spouse, if they are applying) can apply for:
- $50,000 to $1,000,000 of coverage, in units of $25,000.
After you turn 65, your coverage amount goes down by 50%. Your coverage ends at age 70.3
How much coverage do you need?
The online life insurance calculator shows you how much coverage you might need to protect your loved ones.
Things to know
- Your insurance starts on the first day of the month after you’re approved and have made your first payment.
- You will need to answer health questions or give medical evidence of health.
- Reduction of coverage (when the principal insurance death benefit will reduce).
- On the policy anniversary following the insured person’s 65th birthday, the principal insurance death benefit reduces by 50% of the amount for which the insured person was covered before the policy anniversary following the insured person’s 65th birthday.
Protect what’s important – apply today
Get a quote and apply using the quote tool.
No benefits are payable if the person takes their own life within 2 years of the policy starting (or restarting, if it lapsed). This applies even if the person has a mental illness or intends or understands the consequences.