Sun Life is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information provided to us. Using this information properly is at the root of our success; it provides us with insight to deliver the right products and services to you at the right time and in the right way. We have a long history of protecting personal information.
Our privacy commitment applies to all of our wholly owned subsidiaries and branch operations worldwide.
Our privacy commitment is about more than complying with applicable country privacy laws; it is about doing the right thing for the millions of people whose lives we touch every day through the use of their personal information, however collected or received by us. The following principles reflect our commitment to safeguarding personal information in our care:
- We keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.
- We collect, use or disclose personal information from you only to provide you with financial and insurance products and services to help you meet your lifetime needs.
- We obtain personal information about you lawfully and fairly.
- We do not disclose personal information without your permission except where permitted or required by law or competent authority. But we may share personal information with our agents, service providers or, where permitted by law, our affiliates in connection with providing, administering and servicing our products and services on our behalf.
- Where we choose to have certain services, such as data processing, provided by third party agents or service providers on our behalf, we do so in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, we may transfer your personal information to our employees, service providers or agents located in countries other than where the information was provided.
- We are responsible for all personal information in our possession, including information transferred to third parties performing services on our behalf. All such persons, wherever they are located, are required by us to protect the confidentiality of your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
- We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. To the extent required by applicable law, you may seek a correction of your personal information if you believe that the information we have is not accurate.
- We try to respond to requests for access to - or correction of - personal information as soon as reasonably possible. In circumstances where the law does not entitle you to access, we will explain why access is denied.
- We maintain technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We limit access to those who have a business need to know.
Sun Life Financial has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect personal information provided through online transactions and activities. Read more about the methods we use to help protect your information online.
Local privacy policies and codes
We are an international provider of financial products and services, operating in many countries around the world. In some countries in which we do business, this privacy commitment is supplemented by more detailed privacy policies or codes specific to the requirements of those countries. When you access or link to a local Sun Life website, read the privacy statement found on the local website to determine any local policies or codes that apply to your information in that region.
Our Chief Privacy Officer for the enterprise is located at our corporate head office in Toronto, Canada, and we have privacy officers in each region where we do business. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about protection of your personal information at Sun Life, contact a local privacy officer in your region:
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- United States
Sun Life may update or modify this privacy commitment from time to time.
Questions about your privacy?
If you have questions or concerns on our privacy practices and policies, please get in touch with our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or call us at (+632) 555 8888 and request to be connected to our Compliance Department.