Keep looking after loved ones
Whether you’re single or part of a couple, a recent graduate or close to retirement - important people rely on you. It might be children, a partner, or even your parents. Life Insurance helps them cover expenses and may even protect their lifestyle if you can’t be there every step of the way.
Life Insurance can help...
- pay a mortgage, taxes, funeral costs or other bills.
- maintain your family’s lifestyle without your income.
It's especially important if:
- you are a single parent who provides sole support, or a majority of the support, for your children.
- your loved ones would have a difficult time managing financially without you.
Watch this video to find out how Life Insurance can help you prepare for the unexpected.
Why choose Life Insurance?
- Savings on the insurance you need, thanks to group pricing
How much coverage do you need?
The online life insurance calculator will tell you instantly how much coverage you might need to protect your loved ones in the event the unexpected happens.
How much coverage can you apply for?
- You and your spouse: $50,000 to $1,000,000 of coverage, in units of $25,000 (but your spouse cannot apply for more coverage than you do)
- Dependent children1: $10,000 per child. Coverage for all of your children costs only $2.60 per month
Find out more in your plan brochure.
- Disappearing premiums: With this program, if you’re totally disabled2 for six months before age 653, your Term Life Insurance continues, but you don’t have to pay the premiums. In this case, you’ll need to meet all the requirements to show you are totally disabled
- Optional early payment if you or your spouse4 becomes ill with a life expectancy of less than a year5
- Easy switch to an individual policy: If you or your covered family member’s Life Insurance ends before age 66, other than by your choice (for example, if you leave this association), you can apply to switch to a Term Life individual policy. That policy gives you up to $200,000 in coverage (or more, if legislation requires). You don’t need to provide any proof of good health, as long as you apply within 31 days of your association Life Insurance coverage ending
You're eligible if you are:
- a member in good standing with your association, working at least 25 hours a week
- between the ages of 18 and 65 (coverage ends on member’s 75th birthday)
- a resident of Canada
Meet the criteria? You can get Life Insurance for:
(You + spouse)
You, your spouse,
What's the cost?
Check out the rate sheets for a quick estimate.
Considering coverage for dependent children? Coverage for all of your children costs only $2.25 per month.
Find out more in your plan brochure.
Take these three steps to apply:
Medical underwriting is required.
No benefits are payable for a death which occurs before insurance under this benefit has been in effect continuously for 2 years with respect to the Insured or Spouse, if death results directly or indirectly from self-inflicted injury or suicide, regardless of whether the person has the ability to form the requisite intent or regardless of whether the person has a mental illness such that the person does not know or understand the consequences of the person’s actions.
If the Insured’s or Spouse’s Life Insurance is subject to more than one effective date due to additional amounts having been applied for on the deceased, the 2-year period will run separately from each effective date.
This website is intended only as an outline of the insurance policy, which is available upon request. The complete terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations governing the insurance coverage are found in the group insurance policy issued by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. The policy can be obtained by calling Sun Life Financial at 1-800-669-7921 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out how much life insurance you need
Call us at
Monday to Friday,
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
Email us at