Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance has your bills covered
A mental health issue, an illness or an accident could mean not being able to work for quite a while. What would you do without that income? Bills won't wait. In fact, you could even have extra expenses while you're recovering.
CDHA Long Term Disability Insurance for dental hygienists is your own safety net to ensure your long-term financial plan stays healthy by replacing your income while you are recovering.
LTD insurance helps if:
- You have a mortgage to pay
- Your family couldn't manage without your income
- You have elderly parents who depend on you financially
- You are a single parent
- You would have to tap into your savings to pay day-to-day expenses
- You would have to stop saving for your retirement or your children's education
How does LTD Insurance make a difference?
Watch this video to learn about the important role it played in Mark’s life as he recovered from a serious illness.
Why choose CDHA LTD Insurance?
- You choose a 45, 60 or 120-day elimination period. The longer the waiting period, the lower your premium
- Includes a residual benefit payment for up to 24 months if you're only able to return to work part time
- Potential work re-entry benefit
- Program allows for a recurring disability within 6 months
- CDHA offers group rates
You're eligible if you are:
- A CDHA member in good standing;
- Under age 65;
- Living in Canada ; and
- Actively at work for at least 18 hours a week when you apply
How much coverage can you apply for?
- Coverage is based on your annual earned income
- It ranges from $500 to $5,000 per month in units of $100
- Use the below table to find your annual income and the corresponding maximum monthly benefit
|Annual income||Monthly benefit amount|
|$12,000 - $14,999||$500|
|$15,000 - $17,999||$900|
|$18,000 - $23,999||$1,100|
|$24,000 - $30,999||$1,400|
|$31,000 - $35,999||$1,700|
|$36,000 - $44,999||$2,000|
|$45,000 - $59,999||$2,400|
|$60,000 - $71,999||$3,000|
|$72,000 - $83,999||$3,400|
|$84,000 - $95,999||$3,800|
|$96,000 - $109,999||$4,200|
|$110,000 - $119,999||$4,600|
|$120,000 - $129,999||$4,800|
You can choose options for your LTD coverage too:
- Own Occupation to 65 – If you're between 50 and 64 years old and you cannot work due to your disability, you'll receive LTD benefits until you turn 65. The cost will be added to your premium.
- Cost of Living Adjustment - This keeps your benefits in step with inflation (up to 5%). Premiums are payable until age 63 however the benefit terminates at 65. The cost will be added to your premium.
Get a quick online quote
To help you determine your monthly premium, use our easy-to-use free online quote tool.