Save money and keep it simple with no medical exam through the Bundled Plan
Not sure what you need? Start here.
The Bundled Plan is your pre-built safety net to protect against life’s surprises – accidents, disabilities, and health-care expenses. You get a full suite of benefits, providing the most commonly needed protection, at a special, affordable rate. It’s less expensive than buying each insurance separately.
What’s more, it’s only available because of the CDHA. A benefit of your membership you won’t get anywhere else.
Why choose the Bundled Plan?
- No guesswork. Get convenient core insurance coverage at one affordable rate.
- Save up to 58% with this bundled plan compared to buying each product on its own.
- Easy to apply. The Bundled Plan involves a simplified questionnaire. There's no medical exam, just five simple questions (some exclusions may apply).
- Flexible. You can top up your coverage by adding more coverage for you or your family. Add any type of insurance in the CDHA program.
What’s included in the Bundled Plan?
How much does it cost?
The cost is the same, no matter your age.
Rates are yearly renewable, subject to change on notice, and subject to provincial tax where applicable.
Customize it for you
Customize the Bundled Plan to meet your needs. You can increase your coverage for Term life, AD&D and LTD insurance or cover family members. Need Critical illness insurance? Simply add it to the Bundled Plan. Additional coverage requires full medical underwriting.
To help you find out your monthly premium, use our easy-to-use free online quote tool.
You’re eligible if you’re:
- A Canadian resident;
- A CDHA member in good standing;
- Under age 60; and
- Covered under your provincial health plan (RAMQ in Quebec) or have equivalent coverage under a group plan. In Quebec, this plan only covers prescriptions that the RAMQ Prescription Drug Insurance Plan does not cover.
- Approved after filling out a five-question form.
You’re not eligible to apply for coverage if you:
- Have ever had life or disability insurance declined or postponed under any insurance plan;
- Are currently on disability leave (or have a disability claim pending); or
- Have submitted a disability claim in the past.
Take these three steps to apply:
Benefits are not payable under the contract for any disability occurring within 24 months of the effective date of coverage for any illness or condition, whether or not they are diagnosed, for which the insured:
- had symptoms;
- had consulted a doctor or any other health care practitioner;
- was provided any health-related care, advice or treatment, or that a reasonably prudent person with an illness or medical condition or symptom(s);
- would have consulted a doctor or any other health care practitioner during the 24 months prior to the effective date of the coverage.
We will not make a payment for:
- Declared or undeclared war, insurrection or rebellion;
- Voluntary participation in a riot or act of civil disobedience;
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury or suicide, regardless of whether the insured person has a mental illness or intends or understands the consequences of their actions;
- Committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence.
For a complete list of exclusions, please refer to our plan brochure.