Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance built especially for dental hygienists
Nobody wants to have an accident, especially a serious one. An accident can happen and could affect your family's income. AD&D will help with finances while you or your family cope with a life-changing event.
Why choose CDHA AD&D Insurance?
- Coverage designed for dental hygienists, covering injuries specific to your profession
- Choice of single and family coverage
- Potential work re-entry benefit following an accident
- CDHA offers group rates
You're eligible if you are:
- A CDHA member in good standing;
- Under age 65;
- Living in Canada;
- Actively at work for at least 18 hours a week when you apply; and
- Covered under CDHA's Life Insurance
Meet the criteria? You can get AD&D Insurance for:
(You + spouse + all dependent children)
How it works:
- A lump-sum payment is paid if you or your covered family member suffers a serious injury or dies due to an accident.
- The amount is a percentage of the AD&D coverage you’ve selected, based on the loss suffered. More details are in the plan brochure, but the table of losses below shows the percentages we use to determine the payment.
|Table of losses||Amount Payable
(% of Principal Sum)
|Loss of life||100%|
|Loss of one or both arms or hands||100%|
|Loss of both feet||100%|
|Loss of sight of both eyes||100%|
|Loss of one foot and sight of one eye||100%|
|Loss of speech and hearing in both ears||100%|
|Loss of one hand and one foot||100%|
|Loss of use of one or both hands or arms||100%|
|Loss of use of both feet or legs||100%|
|Loss of use of both arms or both legs||100%|
|Loss of thumb or index finger of either hand||100%|
|Loss of use of thumb or index finger of either hand||100%|
|Loss of one leg or one foot or sight of one eye||75%|
|Loss of use of one leg||75%|
|Loss of hearing, both ears||75%|
|Loss of speech||75%|
|Loss of use of one foot||75%|
|Four fingers on same hand||33.33%|
|Loss of four toes on the same foot||25%|
|Loss of hearing, one ear||25%|
|Loss of joint between two phalanges or phalange of thumb or index finger of dominant hand||10%|
|Loss of use of joint between two phalanges or phalange of thumb or index finger of dominant hand||10%|
Here’s how Family AD&D Insurance works:
- No dependent children? Your spouse will be insured for 50% of your benefit amount.
- Spouse and dependent children? Your spouse will be insured for 40% of your benefit and each dependent child, regardless of the number, will be insured for 10% of your benefit, to a maximum of $50,000 per child.
- Dependent children, no spouse? Each dependent child will be insured for 20% of your benefit up to a maximum of $50,000 per child.
How much coverage can you apply for?
- $30,000 to $500,000, in units of $10,000
- Your maximum coverage cannot exceed the greater of $200,000 or double your life insurance coverage
All coverage is subject to medical evidence. Your coverage becomes effective upon the date your application is approved and when we receive your premium payment.
Get a quick online quote
To help you determine your monthly premium, use our easy-to-use free online quote tool.