Sun Enhanced Balanced is a globally diversified, multi-asset portfolio that seeks to provide stable, reliable income with long-term growth potential. The combination of strategies from MFS, JPMorgan, SLC Management and Amundi provides investors with access to core equity and fixed income, including private fixed income and commercial mortgage asset classes, which are traditionally only available to institutional investors.
Sun Enhanced Balanced is available in our industry-leading suite of segregated fund contracts offering the benefits of protection with insurance guarantees. This combination helps you meet the unique needs of each Client. The fund provides:
- Broad global diversification, including private asset classes, and
- Access to leading global investment expertise.
Broad global diversification
Sun Enhanced Balanced seeks diversity through a broad range of asset classes, geographies and investment styles. It invests in a variety of value and growth oriented equity solutions, including:
- Canadian Equity
- U.S. Equity
- International Equity
- Canadian Bonds
- Global Government Bonds
- Global Corporate Bonds
- Global High Yield Bonds
- Emerging Market Bonds
It also incorporates a fixed income allocation to the SLC Management Core Fixed Income Plus strategy that includes:
- private fixed income, and
- commercial mortgages.
The SLC Management Core Fixed Income Plus strategy provides access to private fixed income assets and Canadian commercial mortgages, in addition to publicly-traded fixed income. Private fixed income asset classes may offer a number of benefits when combined with a portfolio of public assets. This may include potentially higher yields over similarly rated public market bonds, lower losses and higher recovery rates, lower return volatility and improved portfolio diversification because of their typically lower correlation to traditional asset classes.
The combination of these low correlation asset classes can help lower volatility and smooth out investment returns.
Access to leading global investment expertise
Access to Canadian, U.S. and international equities are provided through investments in:
- MFS – Over 90 years’ experience managing equity portfolios through all market cycles
- JPMorgan Asset Management – Global perspective with 400+ global equity investment professionals
55% fixed income
Access to fixed income securities are provided through investments in:
- SLC Management - global asset manager offering private private and public fixed income asset classes1 to institutional investors
- Amundi Asset Management - Europe’s largest asset manager with over 30 years’ experience managing emerging market bonds2
1 SLC Management is the brand name used by Sun Life Capital Management (Canada) Inc. and Sun Life Capital Management (U.S.) LLC, the registered fund managers for the Canadian and U.S. fixed income component.
2 As of Dec. 2018.
- Sun GIF Solutions – Investment Series
- Sun GIF Solutions – Estate Series
- Sun Lifetime Advantage GIF
- Sun Protect GIF
Sun Enhanced Balanced is available in the following industry-leading suite of segregated fund products offering the benefits of protection with insurance guarantees.