Step 1: Choose a plan
Decide which plan you want:
Step 2: Find out if you are eligible
- You had – but no longer have – supplementary health and prescription drug coverage (and dental benefits if you are choosing a plan with dental) through a group benefits plan with your employer, and you’ve completed this request within 60 days after the date your group benefits ended.
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application
- You and your family members are Canadian residents with provincial healthcare coverage and were insured under your group plan.
- Quebec residents must have and continue to have group drug coverage through an employer, a membership in an order or association or, if not, through RAMQ.
- Your dependent children are under age 25. Dependent children aged 21 to 24 must be full-time students.
Step 3: Gather the information you need before you apply
- The name of your group insurance company as well as the group plan number and certificate number. These are the numbers that you have used when sending in a claim.
- The name and phone number of your employer.
- The birthdates of each person to be included in the application.
Step 4: Payment information
- If you choose to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account, please have your credit card / banking information handy. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- To pay by automatic withdrawals from your bank account, complete and send this web application form to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Personal Health Insurance - Pre-authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392
Quebec residents must fill and send the following form on their RAMQ coverage details along with the web application form:
Confirmation of coverage through a group benefits plan or through Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)