COVID-19 has brought many challenges to everyday lives. Along with being a worldwide health issue, it’s also affected global markets. Sun Life is a financially strong company and we’re here for you.
We’ve built the foundation of our business on managing risks that may happen due to economic changes. We also have 155-years worth of experience to back it up.
We’re financially strong. Our strength is:
- In our strong capital position. We have a healthy level of capital to meet our financial commitments to Clients.
- Sun Life’s Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT) ratio is 143% – well above the minimum. (This is our LICAT ratio as of December 31, 2019.)
- The LICAT ratio measures a company’s ability to meet its obligations. Regulators use the LICAT to review an insurer’s financial condition. The minimum required is 90%.
- In our strong balance sheet. Our investment portfolio is high-quality and well diversified by asset type, sectors and ratings.
- Reflected in our ratings. Rating agencies provide opinions on a company’s financial strength and their ability to meet its responsibilities to their Clients. We’re proud to say that Sun Life’s ratings as a public life insurance company are amongst the best in North America. Our high ratings indicate that Sun Life is well prepared to meet its financial obligations to its policyholders, investors and shareholders.