This policy provides immediate insurance coverage.
If you die before we let you know of our decision on your application, we could still pay the claim. The payout will be equal to the amount of life insurance you applied for. The payment is dependent on the conditions and exclusions set out below.
When the temporary insurance policy starts
The temporary insurance policy starts on the date you:
- submit an application for insurance, and
- provide the payment information.
A decision to accept or decline your application may take up to 90 days. During this time your temporary insurance coverage will apply.
When the temporary insurance policy ends (Termination)
The temporary insurance policy automatically ends on the earliest of:
- the date the insurance applied for starts,
- the date we tell you that your application for insurance is declined,
- 30 days after we asked for more information to underwrite your application and did not receive your response,
- 90 days after you submit your application for insurance,
- the date you ask us in writing to cancel your application for insurance,
- the date you decline our offer of insurance or,
- the date we pay the death benefit.
Amount we pay under this policy (Conditions)
If you are under age 69, the total amount of any death benefit payable under any Sun Life Go life insurance policies is the lesser of $1,000,000 or the total amount of any death benefit applied for under this application.
Policy of Temporary Insurance sample