Hummus and guacamole are two popular dips that are convenient for snacks and easy to serve to guests. Although both have many beneficial nutrients, let's face it: Sometimes you need a change. Enter white bean dip! You can use this smooth, simple and easy-to-make dip as a spread for sandwiches, in a salad instead of dressing or as a dip for pita and raw veggies.
White beans are a nutritional powerhouse. They pack a significant protein punch and are rich in fibre and magnesium.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) can of white beans (either cannellini or navy beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper
- Mix together all of the above ingredients with a hand blender, conventional blender or food processor.
- For a creamier dip, simply add a little more oil or water to achieve your preferred consistency.