Makes 2 servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil (divided)
- 1 small leek (white and light green parts only), well-washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) green beans (chopped) or green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) spinach leaves, trimmed
- 1 cup (250 mL) watercress, trimmed
- 2 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pine nuts
- Pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-low heat. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring often, until very soft.
- Meanwhile, in a steamer basket set over a saucepan of simmering water, steam the beans just until tender-crisp. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and water. Add the leek and garlic, beans, spinach, watercress, mint, parsley, cilantro, pine nuts and salt. Season with pepper to taste.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In the ovenproof skillet or omelette pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is set. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
- Place the pan under the broiler until the top of the frittata is set and browned (take care that it does not burn).