Different guarantees to meet different needs
While all guaranteed interest products are designed for people who want to protect their principal and earn a guaranteed rate of return, different products have different features. There are short-term, long-term and flexible-maturity dates, as well as a daily interest investment.
Because of their many features, guaranteed interest products are an important component of both registered and non-registered savings plans – as well as retirement income plans.
Types of guaranteed interest products:
Guaranteed investment certificates (GICs)
- GICs are one of the safest and simplest investments you can make.
- GIC rates are guaranteed for a fixed period of time.
- Available through Sun Life Financial Trust Inc., our GICs also offer flexible maturity dates and a 45-day rate guarantee.
- Insurance GICs are accumulation annuities that work like a GIC, with the added benefits of a life insurance contract.
- You can choose from a range of investments, each with a fixed rate of interest.
- Because an insurance GIC is an insurance contract, you can name a beneficiary for direct settlement at death, which avoids the cost and delays associated with probate and estate settlement.
Invest in guaranteed interest products
Step 1: Find an advisor
An advisor’s job is to help you understand how different products – each with their own features and options – can best meet your particular needs. Talk to your advisor; if you don't have an advisor, find one you're comfortable working with. There’s no cost to talk to an advisor.