Plans that fit your life
Leaving your workplace benefits plan, whether for retirement or a new opportunity, can require you to make some important decisions about your savings plan, insurance coverage and health benefits. Sun Life Financial Choices plans can make those decisions easier.
With guidance from a licensed Financial Services Consultant,1 you can choose from a wide range of competitively priced products and services to move seamlessly from your workplace plan and continue to enjoy most of the same benefits.
You can easily enroll in Choices by phone and you can continue to manage your new plan 24/7 on mysunlife.ca.
Products and services available with Choices:
- My Life Choice – Maintain up to $1,000,000 of individual Term Life Insurance and up to $250,000 of Accidental Death coverage for you and your spouse. Apply within 31 days of leaving your plan. You and/or your spouse must be under 65.
- Choices Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Convert your existing AD&D coverage within 60 days of leaving your plan, based on the existing amount of coverage.
Health and dental coverage
- My Health Choice – Get Extended Health Care coverage – Standard or Enhanced – which includes dental coverage. Apply within 60 days of leaving your workplace plan. You must be between the ages of 18 and 74.
- Personal Health Insurance Direct – Get affordable individual health coverage if you are unable to apply for My Health Choice within the 60 days.
- Choices Critical Illness Insurance – Maintain up to $100,000 of coverage each for you and your spouse and $20,000 for each eligible child. Apply within 60 days of leaving your group plan. You must be between 18 and 69.
For similar investment options and competitive management fees, transfer all your registered and non-registered savings from your workplace savings plan to the appropriate Group Choices plan:
- Group Choices Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Group Choices Non-registered Plan (NREG)
- Group Choices Tax-free Savings Account (TFSA)
Need help? Call our Client Solutions Centre
For insurance and savings plans
Contact a Financial Services Consultant at 1-877-893-9893 for guidance with insurance and savings plans.
Retirement income plans
Contact a Retirement Consultant at 1-866-224-3906 if you are approaching retirement or for guidance on your retirement income plan.
We’re here to help. If you have questions, please call us at: