Travel insurance brought to you by Sun Life’s referral network
Protect yourself with emergency medical coverage during your visit to Canada. Through this Sun Life Financial referral, get competitive rates with preferred1 pricing from RSA.
- $15,000 to $300,000 in emergency medical coverage available (certain benefit limits apply)
- Meets Super Visa requirements of a minimum of $100,000 in coverage
- Coverage for up to 365 days
- Family coverage available for clients age 60 or less
- Coverage for temporary visits to other countries excluding your country of origin
- $150,000 or $300,000 in coverage only available to age 69 or under
- Direct billing. Medical providers will directly bill the claims administrator when possible.
- Emergency call centre 24/7. Specially trained, professional assistance personnel are ready to assist you when you need their help.
- Referrals. Whenever possible, in the event of an emergency, you will be referred to the closest medical provider (hospital, clinic or physician).
- Case management. An experienced team, available 24 hours a day, will monitor the services you receive in the event of an emergency.
How does RSA's Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance meet Super Visa requirements?
Based on the requirements established by Canada Immigration and Citizenship, anyone applying for a Super Visa must provide proof that they have private medical insurance coverage that meets certain requirements. RSA’s Visitors to Canada travel insurance meets the requirements as it will:
- Be valid for 1 year from the time you specify
- Be issued by a Canadian insurance company
- Provide a minimum coverage of $100,000 (you can choose up to $300,000 in coverage if you are 69 years of age or less)
- Cover emergency medical care, hospitalization and repatriation
- Be valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer
For more details, visit the Government of Canada's Parent and Grandparent Super Visa website.
Get a free online quote for travel insurance for a visitor to Canada.
Call RSA Travel Insurance at