What is participating life insurance?
Participating life insurance provides a combination of permanent life insurance (whole life insurance) protection and an opportunity for tax-preferred cash value growth. The base insurance protection is guaranteed for life, as long as you pay the premiums on time.
The policy is also eligible to receive dividend payments, which you can use to buy additional coverage or reduce your annual premium. You can also leave them on deposit to earn interest or take them in cash. Dividends are not guaranteed.
Is participating life insurance right for you?
Participating life insurance is an excellent solution if you are:
- Looking for lifetime protection and significant savings potential
- Interested in innovative ways to save for retirement or to more effectively make plans for your estate
- Concerned about the effect of inflation on your death benefit
An advisor can find you the right type of coverage for your needs and provide you with a quote.
Types of participating life insurance:
Sun Par Protector II
- Sun Par Protector II provides permanent life insurance protection combined with long-term cash value and death benefit growth.
Sun Par Accumulator II
- Sun Par Accumulator II provides permanent life insurance protection, with a focus on higher cash values over the short-term, while still providing long-term cash value and death benefit growth.
Sun Par Accelerator
- Sun Par Accelerator provides permanent life insurance protection that's guaranteed to be fully paid-up in 8 years, while providing high cash values over the short-term, as well as long-term cash value and death benefit growth.
Get participating life insurance
Step 1: Find an advisor
An advisor can help you determine the right life insurance for your needs. Talk to your advisor or find one near you to help answer your questions – there is no cost to talk to an advisor.