You are eligible for coverage if:
- You've completed this request within 60 days after the date your group benefits ended and if your plan had supplementary health and prescription drug through your employer (and dental benefits if you are choosing a plan with dental)
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application.
- You and your family members are Canadian residents and have provincial healthcare coverage and were insured under your group plan
- Your dependent children are under age 25. Dependent children aged 21 to 24 must be full-time students
Information you need before you apply:
- Know which plan you want: Health and Dental Choice A, Health Choice B or Health Choice C
- The name of your group insurance company as well as the group plan number and certificate number. These are the numbers that you have used when sending in a claim.
- The name and phone number of your employer
- The birthdates of each person to be included in the application
Other information you’ll need:
- Your credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account information. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- If you choose to pay by withdrawals from your bank account, complete this Personal Health Insurance - Pre-authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392 and send it to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
Personal Health Insurance
227 King Street South
P.O. Box 1601 Stn Waterloo
Waterloo ON N2J 4C5
- Sun Life Financial's privacy and security policies, so you know we keep your personal information confidential, protected and secure