If you are faced with a medical condition, trying to sort through the maze of information can be as stressful as the diagnosis itself.
With critical illness insurance or personal health insurance from Sun Life Financial, you can get access to Best Doctors – an international physician network that can help you understand your medical condition and treatment options.1
When you’re facing the uncertainty of a medical condition, Best Doctors offers services to give you the information you need to make more informed decisions about your healthcare. Best Doctors can help you get:
- The right information
- The right diagnosis
- The right treatment
While your critical illness insurance or personal health insurance coverage is in place, you can access Best Doctors services if you suspect you have a medical condition. You don’t need to make a claim to access the services.1 Best Doctors isn’t part of the policy. We can’t guarantee its availability. It may be withdrawn at any time.
Best Doctors services include:
- Provides an in-depth review of your medical files, including diagnostic test results and the retesting of pathology
- A leading medical specialist recommends diagnosis and treatment options
- Receive a comprehensive report you can share with your treating physician
- Can potentially reduce serious complications that result from a misdiagnosis
- Helps you and your treating physician determine the proper course of action
When you are looking for a specialist, Best Doctors will conduct a customized physician search and recommend leading Canadian specialists who are accepting new patients. 2 Access to a Canadian specialist requires a referral from your treating physician.
When you require expert physicians or leading care facilities outside of Canada, Best Doctors will search their global database on your behalf. You’ll receive up to 3 recommendations for doctors or treatment facilities that are accepting new patients.2
Best Doctors 360˚®
- Provides you with medical information and resources, 1-on-1 support and customized health coaching for a wide range of health concerns, from simple to serious
- Receive healthcare information on topics such as wait times, drug funding programs, and health assessment tools
Ask the ExpertSM
- Your medical questions will be sent to a leading physician who specializes in your condition
- Receive a written report with answers and advice addressing your specific questions, so that you can better understand your condition and make well-informed decisions about your healthcare
Family access to Best Doctors services
You, your spouse and dependent children can use the services while your insurance coverage is in place any time you suspect you have a medical condition. You don’t need to make a claim to access the services.
If you are a Best Doctors member who would like help with your medical condition, contact Best Doctors: