belairdirect is part of Sun Life’s referral network
Special offer only available through Sun Life referral to belairdirect
You could save 10% on your first year's premium.1 Get a free quote now to see how much you can save.
Plus there is a NEW discount available for Ontario drivers!
If you’re an Ontario driver you may save 5% when you switch to belairdirect. And, each time you renew your coverage you’ll receive the discount.
Take advantage of other discounts and benefits:
- Combine your car and home insurance and save
- Insure more than 1 vehicle and save even more
- Use winter tires2 and there's an additional discount
- Insure a child under 25 and they can get the student discount3
Get a no-obligation quote now to see how much you can save.
Car and home insurance through the Sun Life referral to belairdirect is not available in Saskatchewan, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut.
Through this offer, getting the right amount of coverage for your car is easier than you think. You're unique. Your coverage should be, too. Start with what you need, and add what you want.
Car insurance is your way of being able to cover the expenses that come up if you're driving and you injure someone or damage someone's property, or if you get hurt and need medical care. This is called liability insurance. You can also choose to add insurance that gives you coverage for damage to your car caused by a collision, or protection against damage or loss from things like theft or vandalism.
belairdirect offers many ways to save money and keep it where it belongs: in your pocket. Take advantage of discounts, bundles and benefits that can add up to big savings in the long run:
- Multiple Vehicles at Same Address. Everyone at your address can save up to 15% on their insurance when you all insure your vehicles with belairdirect.
- Car + Home. Save on your home insurance and get other advantages when you combine your home and car insurance.
- Student Discount.3 If you are a full-time student at a recognized college or university in Ontario, or a CEGEP student, you're eligible to save up to 10% on your car insurance.
- Winter Tire Discount.2 If you've got a dedicated set of 4 winter tires that you use on your car between December and March, you're eligible to save up to 5% on your car insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount. If your car has an electronic anti-theft device (like intensive engraving or a tracking system), you're eligible to save up to 10% on your comprehensive coverage insurance.
Your home is your sanctuary. You deserve the peace of mind that comes with knowing that the things you cherish will be taken care of if specific events beyond your control were to happen. Whether you're a renter, a condo owner or a homeowner, you now have access to coverage that can be customized to best suit your needs.
Your home insurance mainly covers your property and its contents. Your insurance will generally cover:
- The building itself
- The trees and shrubs around it
- Structures on your property, like a garage or shed
- Your own personal property, like furniture, electronics, computers, clothing, kitchenware, jewellery and art
- Additional living expenses if you need to relocate temporarily after making a claim
- The loss of any rental income after making a claim (the rented portions of the principal residence)
However, your needs are unique, so your coverage will be unique, too. It depends whether your property is a principal or secondary residence, a cottage or condominium, an undivided co-ownership or an apartment.
You can always customize your policy to get the right amount of insurance for your unique needs, like adding specific insurance for a special piece of jewellery or work of art.
Unlike motorists – who must by law have car insurance – house and condo owners aren't legally required to have home insurance. However, it may be a requirement in certain situations. For example:
- Mortgaged homes. If you want to take out a mortgage to pay for your home, your financial institution may require you to have home insurance. This helps protect the value of the home and the security of the lender’s loan in case of something unexpected, like a fire or natural disaster.
- Condo or co-op units. If you're buying a condo or co-op unit, your board may require that you have insurance. You'll need to double-check with your board, as each is different.
Whatever your living situation, we strongly recommend that you do get insurance because it not only protects your home and the contents inside, it also gives you liability coverage in case you accidentally injure someone or damage someone's property anywhere in the world. Let's say you accidentally cause a fire at a hotel you're staying at and it causes major damage. The liability section of your home insurance policy has you covered.
Although there's no law about having to have tenant’s insurance, landlords may require you to have it. Andthere are a lot of other compelling reasons. So many unexpected things can happen: fires, floods, break-ins. If any of these happened, it could cost you thousands to replace your furniture, electronics, appliances, bedding, clothes and jewellery. Your tenant’s insurance would cover all of these things plus the cost of temporary accommodation if you need to move out when repairs are being done. What's more, if you accidentally injure someone or damage another person's property anywhere in the world, your liability coverage will protect you, up to the amount of your insurance coverage.
Who is belairdirect?
For more than 50 years, belairdirect has been a leader in delivering innovative, comprehensive car and home insurance products directly to Canadians. As a proud Canadian company, belairdirect offers you:
- Many ways to save
- Unbeatable customer service
- A smooth, supported claims process