Added life insurance protection without any questions about your health
Get insurance that may pay a tax-free benefit if your death is a direct result of an accident. You can choose your coverage amount, from $25,000 to $500,000.
Buy accidental death insurance online
Get up to $500,000 more coverage against accidental death, with no health questions asked. Quebec residents will need to talk with a licensed representative to complete an application.
Who can buy Sun Life Go Accidental Death Insurance?
Anyone between 18 and 65 (64 + 364 days) living in Canada
How much accidental death insurance coverage can I buy?
- $25,000 up to $500,000 in units of $25,000
What does an accidental death policy cover?
Sun Life Go Accidental Death Insurance covers you if you pass away within 90 days of, and as a direct result of, an accident.
Please note that Sun Life Go Accidental Death insurance doesn’t cover all accidental deaths. We won’t pay the death benefit if you die as a direct or indirect result of:
- Doing anything, including operating a vehicle, while your blood alcohol level is more than 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood – whether or not the vehicle was moving
- Committing or trying to commit a crime
- Taking, or attempting to take your own life or injure yourself, regardless of whether you had a mental illness or understood or intended the consequences of your action(s)
- Taking drugs other than those prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner
- Inhaling or ingesting any poisonous substance or inhaling any type of gas, whether voluntarily or not
- Having a mental or physical illness or receiving treatment for that illness
- Receiving dental or surgical treatment
- Getting an infection, unless the infection was caused by an external, visible wound received in an accident
- Travelling by air, which includes leaving the aircraft, unless you are a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled airline.
In addition, we won’t pay your accidental death benefit if your death is directly or indirectly caused by:
- Civil disorder or war, whether declared or not
- Service in the naval, military or air force of any country, combination of countries or international organization at war, whether war is declared or not
- Find more exclusions and limitations in the sample policy.
30-day free look
If you look over your new policy and decide it doesn’t meet your requirements, you can cancel it with no obligation within 30 days of issue, and we will refund your money.
Read examples of text that can appear in a policy. These examples are for your reference only – when we issue your policy, the text in that policy will govern the relationship between you and Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
The person making the claim must do so as soon as reasonably possible after the person covered by the policy passes away. To make a claim:
- Call us at 1-800-669-7921. This number is also listed at the beginning of the insured person’s policy. We’ll send you a form to complete.
- Fill out the form and mail it to us at the address listed on the form. Be sure to include any information we ask for to assess the claim. This will include proof that the insured person passed away while the policy was in effect.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Doctors may charge a fee to fill out certain forms. The person making the claim is responsible for covering any fees.
- After we receive all the information we need, we’ll assess the claim within 5 business days.
- We’ll pay within 30 business days after receiving proof required to assess the claim.