Life insurance that lasts your lifetime
With Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance, you can choose your coverage amount, from $5,000 to $25,000.
No medical questions – acceptance is guaranteed
Buy guaranteed life insurance online
Get up to $25,000 of life insurance coverage with no health questions asked. Quebec residents will need to talk with a licensed representative to complete an application.
- You must be between 30 and 74 and live in Canada.
We guarantee that your monthly payments will stay the same until you turn 95. At that age, you stop paying but your life insurance stays in force.
- $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000, or $25,000
Exclusions and limitations
- We won’t pay if you die within the first two years of the date the policy takes effect. But we will refund the premiums you have paid, without interest and minus any administration fees.
- If you apply for Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance more than once, we’ll only cover you for up to $25,000 in total.
- Find more exclusions and limitations in the sample policy.
Read examples of text that can appear in a policy. These examples are for your reference only – when we issue your policy, the text in that policy will govern the relationship between you and Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
The person making the claim must do so as soon as reasonably possible after the person covered by the policy passes away. To make a claim:
- Call us at 1-800-669-7921. This number is also listed at the beginning of the insured person’s policy. We’ll send you a form to complete.
- Fill out the form and mail it to us at the address listed on the form. Be sure to include any information we ask for to assess the claim. This will include proof that the insured person passed away while the policy was in effect.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Doctors may charge a fee to fill out certain forms. The person making the claim is responsible for covering any fees.
- After we receive all the information we need, we’ll assess the claim within 5 business days.
- We’ll pay within 30 business days after receiving proof required to assess the claim.
How guaranteed life insurance works
Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance is permanent life insurance – you’ll be covered until you die, as long as you keep paying the monthly premiums
- The more information you provide about yourself, the less an insurer typically charges you for insurance.
- We don’t ask any questions about your health when you apply. That means it typically costs more than other types of life insurance that do require health information.
- People usually buy products like Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance to cover their funeral expenses. This product is designed to help meet your needs if poor health makes it hard for you to qualify for life insurance.
Keep in mind
- It is important to remember that life insurance protects your family (or whoever you choose as your beneficiary) if you die unexpectedly. But depending on when you die, you may end up paying more in premiums than the actual death benefit that goes to your beneficiaries.
- For example, if you are age 50 and buy $25,000 of Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance for $125 per month, by the time you reach age 67, you will have paid more in monthly premiums than the policy will pay as a death benefit. If you die before age 67, you will have paid less for your death benefit.