Step 1: Choose a plan
Decide which plan you want:
Step 2: Find out if you are eligible
- You had – but no longer have – supplementary health and prescription drug coverage (and dental benefits if you are choosing a plan with dental) through a group benefits plan with your employer, and you’ve completed this request within 60 days after the date your group benefits ended.
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application
- You and your family members are Canadian residents with provincial healthcare coverage and were insured under your group plan.
- Quebec residents must have and continue to have group drug coverage through an employer, a membership in an order or association or, if not, through RAMQ.
- Your dependent children are under age 25. Dependent children aged 21 to 24 must be full-time students.
Step 3: Gather the information you need before you apply
- The name of your group insurance company as well as the group plan number and certificate number. These are the numbers that you have used when sending in a claim.
- The name and phone number of your employer.
- The birthdates of each person to be included in the application.
Step 4: Payment information
- If you choose to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account, please have your credit card / banking information handy. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- To pay by automatic withdrawals from your bank account, complete and send this web application form to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Quebec residents must fill and send the following form on their RAMQ coverage details along with the web application form:Confirmation of coverage through a group benefits plan or through Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
Step 5: Start your application
After you’ve reviewed the above steps and have all the required information, you are ready to start your application. This step typically takes less than 10 minutes. You can get started by clicking on the button below.