Papillary thyroid cancer or follicular thyroid cancer means a definite diagnosis of papillary thyroid cancer or follicular thyroid cancer, or both, that is less than or equal to 2.0 cm in greatest diameter and classified as T1, without lymph node or distant metastasis.
The diagnosis of papillary thyroid cancer or follicular thyroid cancer must be made by a specialist and confirmed by pathological examination of the tissue.
90 day exclusion period for cancer
No benefit will be payable under this condition if within the first 90 days following the later of:
- The date the application for the policy was signed,
- The policy date,
- The underwriting decision date if included in the policy, or
- The most recent date the policy was put back into effect (reinstatement),
the insured person has any of the following:
- Signs, symptoms or investigations that lead to a diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy), regardless of when the diagnosis is made
- A diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy)
Your responsibility to notify us about cancer
You have a responsibility to notify us about cancer, regardless of when a diagnosis is made:
- If we are notified within 6 months of the date of the diagnosis and the coverage for cancer is excluded based on the 90 day exclusion, coverage for all other covered critical illnesses will continue.
- If information is not provided within 6 months of the date of diagnosis, we have the right to deny a claim for cancer or any critical illness caused by any cancer or its treatment.