Supporting those affected by the Canada floods
We recognize the effect that heavy flooding in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick can have. As a result, we have a support process in place for impacted plan members.
- Waive courier fees for cheques when processed through the Client Care Centre (CCC)
- Waive withdrawal fees when processed through the CCC
- Lift the hold time for cancelling a cheque, and re-issue immediately any amounts under $10,000
- Waive fees for transactions made through mySunLife.ca
- Mail a cheque to an alternate address. The alternate address may be obtained over the phone or provided by you (please note that there is a weekly maximum withdrawal amount of $5,000)
- Change withdrawal requests received by the CCC after 4 p.m. ET to the same day
What if one of your members calls or emails you
The suggested scripting below may help you if a member approaches with questions:
We’re sorry to hear you‘re going through this. We want to work together to find the best solutions to meet your needs. Our thoughts are with you and anyone impacted by the flooding.
You can call us at 1-866-733-8612 to speak with a representative who can help. If there is anything else we can do for you, please give us a call back.
Please contact your Group Retirement Services representative.