Sun Life Institutional Investments (Canada) Inc. funds Offering Memorandum Update
Effective May 31st, 2018, the Sun Life Institutional Investments (Canada) Inc. (“SLIIC”) funds Offering Memorandum (“OM”) went through an annual update. Changes to the OM are summarized below.
Changes Applicable to All Funds
- Change to definition of Business day
- Enhanced disclosure to investors
- Clarifying related-party transactions and allocation policy
- Permissible investors in the Funds
Fund Specific Changes
Sun Life Commercial Mortgage Fund:
- Changes to additional subscription amounts
- Change to Initial Drawdown Period
- Change to Initial Drawdown Period extension
Sun Life Private Fixed Income Plus and Sun Life Long Term Private Fixed Income Plus Funds:
- Change to process for adding subscriptions
- Language related to an “existing queue” removed
- Refinements to the Valuation Policy
Sun Life Long Term Private Fixed Income Plus Fund:
- Change to securities repurchase arrangements
Additionally, effective June 1st, 2018, the OM for the SLIIC Funds were consolidated into one document. This consolidated OM provides a more concise description of the funds.
A copy of the revised Offering Memorandum is available on Sun Life Financial’s Plan Sponsor Services website at www.sunlife.ca/sponsor. When logged into the website, under the Administration and reporting tab, select Group Retirement Services, then on the top navigation menu select Investments>> Governance reports.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.