Sun Life supports those affected by the Northern Ontario and British Columbia wildfires
Sun Life recognizes the severe effect that the devastation of the Canada wildfires is having on those impacted. As a result, we have enacted updates and exceptions for affected plan members seeking to access their Group Retirement Services account.
We encourage any of our impacted Clients who require special assistance or have any questions to reach out to us by phone 1 877 SUN LIFE (1-877-786-5433), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact their Sun Life Financial advisor. For example, we will accommodate impacted plan members using the following measures:
- All plan member level courier fees for cheques will be waived when processed through the Client Care Centre (CCC);
- All plan member level withdrawal fees will be waived when processed through the CCC;
- The hold time for a cheque cancellation will be lifted, and re-issued immediately, for amounts under $10,000;
- Web transaction fees will be waived for impacted members signing in to their accounts to make transactions;
- If Sun Life or the plan sponsor has the plan member address on file, Sun Life can mail a plan member cheque to an alternate address. The alternate address may be obtained over the phone (please note that there is a weekly maximum withdrawal amount of $5,000);
- Withdrawal requests received by the CCC after 4 p.m. ET will be entered on the same day.
What are the hours of the Sun Life Client Care Centre?
Currently the Client Care Centre hours extend from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT). We will be closely monitoring our call volumes and extend hours (if required) at a later date. Our representatives are ready to handle any exceptional situation.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.