“Sign up to sun” contest starts May 3!
We recently sent you a Focus Update about the Sign up to sun campaign, which runs from May 3 to June 27, 2010. Here are more details to help you promote the contest to your plan members.
About the contest
Plan members who register for direct deposit and paperless claim statements by providing their bank information and e-mail address on our Plan Member Services website will be entered automatically into a random draw to win one of 20 $1,000 Jump Cards. Plus, for every plan member who registers, Sun Life will donate $1 to Tree Canada.
Making group benefits fun?
It’s not impossible! On May 3, 2010, take a look at our microsite. The result of plan member and plan sponsor feedback, it provides an engaging and effective way of creating awareness about the value of online group benefits.
What we heard
What’s on the microsite
|Members are most receptive to engaging, interactive media.||
Actors deliver the message about the value of our website — and the contest — in a fun and interesting way. Also includes links to online tutorials.
|Messages are most effective when they come from other members.||
Plan member testimonials, as well as interactive personas to illustrate the message.
|Many members value the environmental benefits of our online services.||
An interactive “Green home challenge”. Members can have a little fun and at the same time better understand their carbon footprint and how to reduce it.
The microsite will live on beyond the contest, providing a way to create awareness about the value of online benefits.
Tell your plan members
Here are some tools to help you inform your plan members and promote the contest:
- The microsite address: www.sunlife.ca/signuptosun (Site goes live May 3.)
- Banner ads (in three sizes) you can download and post on your intranet to link to the microsite. If you wish, you can leave these banners on your intranet long-term as they include date logic that will replace contest references with generic content as of June 28, 2010.
- An e-mail template and electronic flyer to send to your plan members.
We’ll also be communicating with some plan members (although yours may not necessarily be impacted) through:
- Messages with claim statements
- An e-mail to members who have provided us with their e-mail address but have not yet registered for paperless statements
- Direct mail to a small random sampling of plan members
- Banner ads on www.sunlife.ca
- Messages on our Plan Member Services website
Be sure to promote the contest and microsite so you can increase member satisfaction with their benefits plan!
Contact your Sun Life Financial group benefits representative.