Interview Opportunity - Are Canadians doing all the right things this RRSP season?
Toronto, January 14, 2010 --
WHAT: While the future of Canada's pension system is being debated, one thing is certain: saving for retirement has never been more critical. As Canadians look to make contributions to their Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) for 2010, Sun Life Financial experts are available to provide insight on a variety of retirement-related topics, including:
- Why the pension reform debate means Canadians should save more than before for retirement
- The importance of financial advice and why every Canadian needs a complete financial plan
- The options available for retirement strategies, including guaranteed investment solutions
- How Sun Life tools, technology and customer education can help you prepare for retirement, whatever your stage of life
- Why so many Canadians are not taking advantage of free money at work
- How the Tax-Free Savings Account can factor into retirement planning
- The importance of factoring health care costs into retirement planning
WHO: Our spokespeople can talk about what's really important to Canadians and their future retirement needs. With the unknowns surrounding pension reform and market volatility, we can talk about what solutions might be right for you.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda. As of September 30, 2009, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $412 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.