SunSpectrum Universal Life - Investment account options
SunSpectrum Universal Life offers a variety of investment account options.
You can choose from one or a combination of these options:
- Floating interest account
- Guaranteed interest account
- Portfolio managed accounts
- Mutual fund-managed account
- Indexed accounts
Your money earns daily interest at the floating rate effective for that day.
Your interest rate is guaranteed to stay the same. The rate is based on the term you choose - normally the longer the term, the higher the interest rate.
- 1 year
- 3 year
- 5 year
- 10 year
The interest rate you earn is based on the performance of two funds from the CI Investments Portfolio series:
- CI Portfolio Series Balanced (40% income/60% equities)
- CI Portfolio Series Conservative (60% income/40% equities)
These funds have the objective to balance between income and capital growth.
The interest rate you earn is based on the performance of recognized mutual funds. You select which funds you want to link your account performance to. Your choices include:
- CI Signature Income & Growth
- CI Value Trust Corporate Class
- CI Global
- Fidelity North Star
- Fidelity Growth America
- Fidelity True North
- Mackenzie Cundill Cdn Balanced
- Mackenzie Cundill Value
An index measures the performance of a representative group of stocks. The interest you earn is based on the performance of the index your account tracks. We offer three account options:
- Canadian Bond Account - tracks the performance of Scotia Capital Mid Term Bond Index
- Canadian Equity Account - tracks the performance of the S&P/TSX 60
- American Equity Account - tracks the performance of the S&P 500
There are no interest rate guarantees for index-linked accounts. Returns may be negative.
** FPX Income Index, FPX Balanced Index and FPX Growth Index are trademarks of The National Post Company.
SunSpectrum Universal Life is not endorsed, sold or promoted by the National Post Company.