Sun Market Linked GICs
The Sun Market Linked GIC is an investment option that can offer protection on your initial investment with the potential to earn returns based on the performance of the Canadian stock market. This is an excellent way for you to gain exposure to some of the leaders in the Canadian market without giving up the security of your initial investment should the Canadian stock market experience a downturn. There are currently no Sun Market Linked GICs for sale.
Product features – Sun Market Linked GICs Series 2
- Terms are generally 5 years.
- The rate of return is typically based on the price performance of an index. The potential return is a percentage (determined at the time of issue) of the price performance of the benchmark return over the investment term. The return is the increase from the initial index price to the final index price. The initial and closing index values are generally calculated based on average index levels over several months.
- Principal investment is guaranteed.
- Minimum investment of $2,500
- No annual fees
- Eligible for CDIC (Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation) protection
- Withdrawals are only available at maturity
- Selling period is usually 30-60 days.
- There is a possibility that no variable return will be payable.
- At maturity, the amount, if any, over the principal will be taxed as interest income.
- Transactions must be completed through an advisor.
- PAC (pre-authorized cheque) is not available.
Security and safety
Our GICs are issued by Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. and are backed by the financial strength of Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. [PDF, 1 page, 53 KB], a member of the Sun Life Financial group of companies.
Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. Basel II disclosures [PDF, 9 pages, 481 KB]
Sun Life Financial Trust Inc. is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). GICs are eligible for CDIC coverage, to limits set by the CDIC. For information about this coverage, go to www.cdic.ca or the Protecting Your Deposits brochure.