- It can cost you from $900 to over $3,000 per month to stay in a long-term care facility1.
- Costs for private services range widely: you can pay from $10 to $90 an hour for homemaking, personal care or nursing care1.
- The cost to you depends on:
- the type of room you stay in
- how much government funding is available in your province
To help you get a better understanding of some of the costs of care in your area, Sun Life Financial worked with an external service provider, TakingCare Inc. to gather a list of the typical costs for care in your province.
To learn more about your provincial government health plan, see Provincial health plan services.
A Sun Life Financial advisor can help you clearly understand long-term care issues, costs and coverage available in your area. Together, you can customize a plan that will ensure your future is protected. For more information, contact your advisor directly or find an advisor.
1 Costs were compiled by TakingCare Inc, effective October 2012.