Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance complements your disability, life and health benefits. It pays a onetime, lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed with one of the 11 covered critical illnesses, and survive the waiting period.* This plan is designed to help give you peace of mind and help provide financial security so you can focus on what matters most – recovering from a serious illness on your terms.
Coverage available for:
You and your spouse. You must have coverage to obtain coverage for your spouse.
|You can apply for coverage if you are:||Under 65-years-old
An Association member working a minimum of 25 hours per week
Residing in Canada
An eligible spouse
|Benefit amount:||Coverage is available in units of $25,000 with a minimum of $25,000 and a maximum of $250,000.|
|Benefit Payable:||The benefit is payable on the first insured condition only and coverage terminates for anyone who receives the payment.|
|Coverage limitations:||Please refer to Definitions and exclusions.|
|Your Coverage Ends:||To learn when your coverage ends click here.|
|Rates:||Please refer to the Rate Card.|
* Diagnosis of a critical illness must occur after the effective date of coverage and you must complete a survival period (usually 30 days). All claims must be approved by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
- The payment is paid to you regardless of whether or not you are able to work.
- No restrictions on how you can spend the benefit payment.
- Can give you financial freedom to seek alternative treatment options.
- Helps cover costs not covered by your provincial health plan.
- Can help replace someone’s lost income if they need to stay home to look after you.
Best Doctors® services
An integral part of your Critical Illness Insurance plan
With Group Critical Illness Insurance coverage partnering with Best Doctors, as an insured member you can now receive financial relief as well as access to medical services to help assist you in your recovery.
Best Doctors connects seriously ill individuals and their treating physicians with medical specialists from around the world to help verify the diagnosis and best treatment options, without you ever having to leave your home. As an insured member, your spouse and dependent children also have access to Best Doctors should they be diagnosed with a serious illness.
All representations about the services of Best Doctors are those of Best Doctors Inc., and not Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Sun Life cannot guarantee the availability of the Best Doctors services, and reserves the right to cancel Best Doctors at any time.
® BEST DOCTORs® and other trademarks shown are trademarks of Best Doctors® Inc. and are used under license.